1 November 2009

Shape up Bob!

In a way i'm glad that it was half-term this week, because i've not been very well for most of it, but because of this I haven't been as active and it has been a very bad week in terms of my brief. A week in which I had hoped to get on and have a clear light at the end of the tunnel.
So at this moment in time I am (feeling much better, but) still in the ideas generation phase of my brief, according to my gant chart this puts me well over a week behind schedule. Yet, i'm still determined not to rush myself and I am still taking time to generate the ideas that I want to see in my piece. がんばります。

Today I did, however, receive some random inspirational imagery passed on my brother:

Ball droppings
This really relaxed me, it was interesting to watch but being into making music I also tried to create a pattern whereby the sounds would fit together in harmony. Very relaxing.

History of the 'Playstation' logo
This really does open your eyes to the design process I think, the amount of different designs that had been created before they eventually went with a final choice. You can kinda see in the last few images just how that final shape emerged into the eventual product logo.

Hob Box
When my brother showed me this I was completely gobsmacked, being of a music production background it's relevant to my own interests but what is so brilliant about it is that it's an applet that has been designed and created for the web (for free use) whereas professional software packages that offer a similar experience are priced at a few hundred pounds. But the look and interface of this applet is of a quality to rival the best of them.
At the moment it's clearly not a professional music production package, but I wouldn't be surprised if budding artists use this in a live situation. And I would pretty much bet that the designers of this applet with recieve an offer in due course for a pro release version. Great design, and great for the promotion of getting more people into making music.

555 Kubik
This is unbelieveable. How does one begin to design or plan something like this?
It's a projection on the side of a building, but with the careful planning of shadow effects and sound it gives an amazing 3D look. Brilliant.

555 KUBIK | facade projection | from urbanscreen on Vimeo.

No comments: