1 November 2009

Is Disney/ Pixar on the "UP"

My first review I'm so excited ... I really don't know how I got into seeing the film "UP" knowing that the animation company (can I really say it) Disney/ Pixar produce it but after trapping my finger in the door of the cinema I really wasn't in the mood to be bored with a rubbish storyline with graphics that make me sick ...but I didn't leave feeling that way.

First of all there was a short animation, "Partly Clouded" My first thought was "great a cheesy cartoon" but the different elements such as, the story, the characters and perspective of the animation made the short film easy to follow and me want to see it again...


"UP" started off with a lovely tale of a couple growing up together and never really fulfilling their dream together, which really was depressing at the start of the film with the woman dying and the old man about to be put into a retirement home he decides to fulfil hes and his late's wife dream of going to Paradise Falls so he lifts the house off the ground with balloons (did I mention he sold balloons throughout his life...) Well as this goes he realises that its not the past that matters but the here and now and help to save Kevin (who is a mum) from his once hero. This film is a great animation, developed into the unlikely friendships between the old, young and different animals and how in the end they were lonely in their own ways and how they helped each other. The storyline is very well told and captures the imagination of audience, the usage of the colours are used to tell the mood from using somber tones of brown, blues to describe the mood to old mans loneliness. To sum it up I enjoyed so much better than the 5 - 7 year olds in front of me that it must be good ...lol.

No comments: