14 October 2009

Pocky Is Love

On my way Coming from college on my hectic first day, i went into a shop to buy a drink. Surprisingly my eye caught the famous Japanese ( Pocky ) bread coated candy stick's
In Europe the name has changed to (Mikado), God knows why they changed it? Anyway... going back to the main topic, when i was young i was no different than any other kid who loves sweets, but there was something about the way that (pocky) was being advertised that drove me crazy!!! The cartoons, and the simple idea make it very cool for kids.



Also there was a myth going around in high school saying " pocky is love ", that means if you give a pocky stick to a girl she will love you, it was convincing at the time but not any more hahah. I used to try to draw the cartoons that they used when i was young, and I still do :)

7 comments:

Kitty Pemberton-Platt said...

Yeah, I only know these things as Mikado's! My nephew who is 2 years old, loves them!! So does his Auntie :)

Red said...

yeah they are called Mikado's in Europe but pocky in other country's, but same taste ,,, hehe

Kitty Pemberton-Platt said...

Same great taste - same great advert?? Have you seen that? Quite funny actually.

99999999999 said...

outrageous plagiarism!

when i was a kid [back in the black&white days] growing up in ireland, the main biscuit company of the day had three popular biscuit varieties, one of which was a pure mingin' concoction featuring pink marshmallow and coconut. it was called 'mikado'. i therefore claim prior usage on behalf of the irish nation and the dead generations from which she springs.

there was even a catchy theme tune, used in the adverts; "kimberley, mikado and coconut creme - someone you love will love some, mum!"

they dinnae write 'em like that, anymore!

Kitty Pemberton-Platt said...

Haha, really?!? What is Mikado playing at!! Maybe you need to tell someone about this :)

Red said...

haha i never knew that but, interesting, and true the theme tune is kind of catchy

ChrisJCrawley said...

Yeah,you were telling me about these today Red!I think I know what they are now haha

Stiobhart,I remember those because I lived in Ireland when I was younger.Unlike you though,I liked them!You can still get them in some places as well ;-)