19 January 2010

Some Russian music for my brief

Hello all. I've been looking for the sound for my brief and as it's set in Russia in the 1950s I've been looking at Russian classical music of this period. I've found some really good stuff that would go with the visuals I'm making and the feel of the book really well. Here's some:



This one is very fast and furious and would create a feeling of tension and unease, but it may be too fast.



This is a good one. Maybe from about 2:20 to 3:20 ish. Someone on youtube described it as 'robust, masculine... thunders incessantly', which i think would fit the style of my sequence well.



This one's nice too. It's a bit slower, feels pensive, thoughtful, melancholic. Maybe not dramatic enough.

1 comment:

Tokyobob said...

The last piece is definately dramatic I think....in the section that you mentioned. Pretty strong piece aswell...

That guy on the accordion is going a bit overboard I think...