21 December 2009

The Sixth Sense by M.Night Shyamalan



I've finally made my decision of which film I want to do the title sequence for: The Sixth Sense.
The decision was a bit difficult, because I had in mind three other films, Saw, House of Wax and The Happening.

The reason I've chosen The Sixth Sense is because I've seen this movie at least ten times, I never get bored of it and could watch it ten more times, and also because I'm a big fan of its director M.Night Shyamalan as well as its soundtrack composer James Newton Howard (which is the composer of all the brilliant films by Shyamalan, Unbreakable, Signs, The Village, Lady in the water and The Happening).

Unfortunately, he is not very wellknown, I don't know what you guys think of these movies or if you have seen them, but what the majority think of them is that they are "rubbish",excluding The Sixth Sense and Signs which are the most succesful ones according to the viewers.

Anyway, I love this director, I think his movies are different to anything else, and up till now he has been able to defend them and not to listen to destructive criticism.

If anyone wants to check out his interactive website, click here.

Have a great and snowy XMAS!! (I'm so jealous of you guys, I want snow!!!!)

1 comment:

Tokyobob said...

From what i've heard from peeps over the years I think that most of them seem to have a problem with M.Night Shyamalan himself rather than his films....and they tend to shun his work because of it.

I've seen about four of his films so far but i've still not made my mind up yet what I think of him as a director....
I didn't know he did 'The Sixth Sense' though.

I think maybe that website is still a bit too ambitious for current technology, and i'm sure all the web design blogs would have a field day with it....they're always banging on about how much they hate too much flash.


There is something interesting about this new poster that you've put on your post though which may or not be coincidental, now I might be totally on my own with this one....but if you really squint your eyes and look at it, the lighting on either side of Bruce's face (aswell as his nose) seem to make the numer 1.16

....I just wonder if this could be a subtle bible passage relating to something to do with life after death?