27 December 2009

Evening

Hello chaps, quick thing to get off my chest...

For you film fanatics, has anyone seen Avatar? Haven't managed to catch it yet, though I have heard brilliant reviews. But, do any of you think the advertisements for it are a bit, amateur??? The text of the title looks like it has been done before, and looks like it is trying too hard. I am not a fan at all. Also, the posters you see everywhere again look like they have been doing by someone in A Level or GCSE creating a poster advert. Not sure whether I am being harsh, but I have asked my family and they all agree. Disappointing seen as the film is meant to be absolutely superb. Will make sure I see it before the end of the Christmas jollies.

Enjoy the rest of the holly bobs.

Peace.

7 comments:

Tokyobob said...

Do you mean this one....?

Poster

...or the face close-up one?

Either way I haven't looked at any of those and necessarily thought that they were crap, but then i've never really stopped to think about them....we can't give Hollywood too much attention. ;)

I've not really been too impressed by all the Avatar hype so far, everyone's been going on and on about how David Cameron apparently had a dream about doing this movie years ago when CGI wasn't good enough and it's been a kind of passion project for him.....that has totally put me off the film.


Talking about shoddy advertising, I don't really like that 'The Sixth Sense' DVD cover in the previous post....particularly due to the fact that they've put 'The #1 thriller of all time!' almost smack bang in the middle.

Sara said...

I agre with u Rob about the Sixth Sense poster...no idea why I picked this one, I just typed sixth sense poster on google images and took the first one I saw...

Tokyobob said...

Oh, I didn't mean that comment to look bad on your post or anything...hehe....I hope it didn't seem that way anyhoos.

....I noticed you've changed the image though. ;)

Jared the mighty said...

I didn't think the ones that i saw looked too bad, but then again it wasn't the advertisements that made me see it, it was my own love for stories such as the one in avatar. Either way, they don't do the film justice. I watched it last Tuesday and i really enjoyed it - it's definately worth watching it in 3-D!

FairlyOddSez said...

I saw the film, i realllllllyyyy didnt want to, after seeing the adverts i thought it looked absalute crap, but OMG its aaaamazing =D

Kitty Pemberton-Platt said...

No Rob, I didnt mean that poster...
that poster looks quite good actually.

Its the ones you see on buses etc, the type is really strange.

Kitty Pemberton-Platt said...

Ps It actually does look like a good film, my brother in law has seen it and said he would watch it ten times if he could.