15 October 2009

The Start

'You don't know what you've got till it's gone'
This is certainly true when it comes to me and scanners! Years ago, the P-P family purchased a scanner. Not so long after, we brought a new computer and therefore had the tedius job of installing all of our software! When it came to our Scanner, I was shocked in realising that the installation CD was missing?!?! Though possible to download it off the internet, this wasn't to be the case.
Today was the day that we purchased a new scanner! Now the world is my oyster...
Where it all began...
Below, is my first ever drawing/painting! I created this in Reception, aged 3. My mum, who was very much into her Art, and my teachers loved this picture. I did too. From a very young age, I always had a pen or pencil in my hand.


This next little gem, is one of my first ever 'multi-material' designs known to record! In Year 1 (Age 4), I created this Christmas scene using needle and thread, sequins and paper. I have this framed in my bedroom, because I still remember how proud I was when I showed it to my Mum and Dad.

I have posted these two images because I will always believe this was the start to my design career.


5 comments:

Red said...

awwww ,,,,, kitty thats pretty cute :),,,, specially the 1st picture >>>>
thumbs up

Kitty Pemberton-Platt said...

Thanks Red! At the time, I probably just got colour happy - but I can now go on to say 'it was an expression of all the emotions I was feeling' haha! :)

Red said...

your welcome :)... you can name it (Circulism), but i think its to late!!! because some one has already claimed that in 1963, but if you tell them that you were 3 when you painted it, knowing that you couldn't possibly plagiarise at that age!!! in that case i think you have a shot ... sooo good luck hehe

ChrisJCrawley said...

That's ace Kitty!I wish I'd kept some stuff from back in the day but I had a tendancy to throw my stuff out haha

Sara said...

very cuuuute girl!! xx
Enjoy ur new toy (ur scanner lol)