8 June 2010

Website

So tonight I have been working super hard on editing my website. I felt that having pages for all the separate parts of my portfolio wasn't working. It didn't look very professional and the images were very small. The resolution therefore was to create a PDF file to download, I think its much more effective and shows off the work a lot better! I also created a media CV - I have been meaning to do this for ages because my other one is loaded with sporting achievements etc. When applying for media jobs, they aren't interested in all that.

I also intend to add a section for 'sketchbook'. However its getting late and if I dont turn my mac off soon, I will never catch any sleep.

So take a look, see if you like the improvements... www.kittypp.tk

5 comments:

Tokyobob said...

Have you tried checking your site through different computers or other media?
I'm just wondering as on my laptop i'm getting a scroll bar at the side of your front page which just shows more white at the bottom....didn't bother me but it may do others.

You might wanna check out your twitter link on the contact page, when I click it I get the CBLIV page which apparently doesn't exist....but if I mouse over the white space underneath the link it lists the right one in the status bar at the bottom. Maybe an overlapped button link?

Also did you realise that there is no grade listed under English on your CV?

Wow...those grades, let's not compare GCSEs and A-Levels eh....you put me to shame!

Kitty Pemberton-Platt said...

Thanks so much for the feedback Rob. I will change my Twitter thank you. Also, its really strange because the font I use to make the website, shows up on my computer and my mums but when I looked at it in Uni it was different :( There doesnt seem to be anything I can do though because on my internet it works.

That could possibly be the reason why things are looking strange.

I will have a look again and check over things. Thank you kindly again Rob.

Kitty Pemberton-Platt said...

Thanks so much for the feedback Rob. I will change my Twitter thank you. Also, its really strange because the font I use to make the website, shows up on my computer and my mums but when I looked at it in Uni it was different :( There doesnt seem to be anything I can do though because on my internet it works.

That could possibly be the reason why things are looking strange.

I will have a look again and check over things. Thank you kindly again Rob.

Kitty Pemberton-Platt said...

Ps Can I ask what you mean about the scroll bar on the home page? Do you mean theres more white on that page than the others?

Kitty Pemberton-Platt said...

Rob - so many comments for you sorry aha! It was an overlapping button on the contact page, thank you. I have sorted that out. I think the navigation bar looks better now too - I have seperated the letters out a bit better. What do you think?
The only thing now I cant control is the font - it seems to change on different computers but I dont think theres much i can do about that.