25 June 2010

Ni hao!



Hi everyone!

I came back from my trip to China two days ago, and wanted to share with you guys some of my snapshots and tell you a little bit about the experience.
Amazingly, I've managed to beat the jet lag this time, which was a nightmare once I got to China...

My trip was amazing, a great experience that confirmed me they are so many little worlds in the world we live in. Also, it was great to live with a traditional Chinese family (my friend's) because I got to discover so many things about this interesting, yet peculiar culture. Unfortunately, I couldn't communicate with her family, which was sometimes a little bit hard and uncomfortable.
The town my friend lives in is really far from the big city called Shenzhen, therefore probably the 80% of the population who lives there has never seen a foreigner before, so when my friend and I went out to the market or to do some shopping EVERYONE STARED at me, as if I was some kind of weird animal, or a celebrity?...Anyway, I couldn't feel more uncomfortable!!

But then, we went to Hong Kong for the last four days of my journey. And that was beyond amazing! Finally, I felt like I wasn't the only foreigner on earth, it was a relief!
Hong Kong is stunning, the streets are filled with colours, lights, millions of banners and thousands of people from everywhere!
I witnessed the most beautiful night spectacle called 'the light show' which consists of lighting
up all the buildings of the Hong Kong bay accompanied with music (see the picture below). It was breathtaking!!

The weather was boiling and sticky, we couldn't sleep without the air con on, which caused me 3 days of a nose cold...
Anyway, I'm back to Manchester now, yesterday I went out and the weather was just Perfect! I'm finally going home tomorrow and I really can't wait!

Okay then, I think that was pretty much all, I could keep writing for another ten pages but I gotta go, I need to pack (AGAIN!!!) and get everything ready for the Majorcan Summer!!

It was very nice to talk to you guys. I wish you a lovely (and hopefully sunny and warm) summer! See you in September! Xxx

I leave you a small selection of my pictures!

No comments: