10 April 2010

Problems with Flash

Ok, so over Easter I have worked a lot on my animation with Flash, and now I call the software FLASH CRASH!!

Because of the amount of images in my animation it kept crashing every few minutes so here are a few things I did to slightly improve it;

- decrease the size of my images in Photoshop. (its quite time consuming but saved me a lot of crashes)
- worked from a external harddrive a lot of the time.
- I created a new project file for every few scenes - seems silly but it worked.
- Press the 'eye' button on the folders you arent using, so they are invisible on the screen, it saves Flash from having an overload trying to put all the images on the screen.
- every hour or so give the laptop a rest - it works well after a little sleep or restart.

I think that's it! I have had quite the problem with it over Easter so unfortunately I can't go back and make tiny little changes which I wanted to but overall I am pleased!! Only got a bit left to do :) yaya!

Hope everyone else is well, see you Tuesday!

No comments: