16 March 2010

Ye old infographics - A complete history of the universe

Been revisiting some of these old infographics a little this morning, I absolutely love them because for years i've been planning on doing a similar thing in relation to greek mythology (and potential fact) by taking a map of east end of the Mediterranean and charting the locations and voyages of various legends such as the Argonauts, Odysseus, Hercules, etc.
.....i'll get around to doing that one day.

I also like these examples because whenever I watch documentries about historical events, i'm always asking my folks what was happening at the same time elsewhere in the world (ie. what point was Japan at during Tutankhamen's reign, etc.) ....i've rarely come across anything that documents events in relation to each other, apart from maybe the events relating to Cleopatra and Julius Ceasar/Anthony.

Over Christmas I watched the FOUR HOUR LONG film 'The Ten Commandments' starring (surprise surprise) Charlton Heston and I found it odd that Moses lived at the same time as the Egyptian pharoah Rameses considering that he appears early on in the old testament of the Bible (which i've been reading in intervals ever since). It made me wonder a lot, because we know for a fact that Rameses existed....so where's the proof of Moses?


I can't actually find Moses or Rameses on this map after searching all over for them, if you spot them then please tell me. But anyway....here it is....an infographic on the complete history of the universe.




This is another similar one which is pretty interesting, it compares the length and height of all the major rivers and mountains in the world.




- I'd just like to point out that despite my enthusiastic interest in it, I am not a Christian. I enjoy reading the bible for comedic value only.

1 comment:

Sara said...

the mountains' one is brilliant!