18 March 2010

Studio Diary - A Paid Design Job!!!

So have just been commissoned by my local pub to create a poster for a band night. It has to be black and white and I have a few logos that need to be included but other than that I can do what I like. It is a poorly paid job, but paid all the same.....my first £20 for my work (well not 100% true but keeps the poor student designer image up)!!!! :)
I'll keep you posted with my progress but it'll be all about thirds, contrast and lines I think although may throw in a character or 2!

3 comments:

FairlyOddSez said...

I was asked to do a poster for a promotions company for a band night a bit ago, and the problem I had and never thought about, was the screen of the Imac is really crisp and bright, and I used a shade of red, so when I emailed it to them and it printed out it was too dark, something that helped me with my next few but just something to think about! What it will look like off a computer screen. xx

Kitty Pemberton-Platt said...

Thats definitely something to think about. Designing for web is sometimes a lot easier, what you design is what you get, but when its printed - its a whole different ball game!!
Well done on getting the job miles!! Let us see what the final design looks like!

smiles said...

As you all know i am more print based anyway but thanks for the notes......it is going to be pure black and white anyway so shouldn't have a problem for this piece...but when you design for print it is worth making sure that all your colour selections are CMYK....I shall post the results soon, may do a few to get some opinions :D