20 March 2010

Planet/ Star comparison

Since I first saw one of these star comparison vids i've been completely amazed by just how small we really are. Whilst i've never been a hardcore space fanatic, i've always been interested by it and I remember back in primary school learning about the planets Jupiter and Saturn....and being completely amazed by their size compared to our little rock.

....and I don't care what anybody says anymore, Pluto will always be a planet in my mind.

But it's amazing to think that our gigantic sun is really just a tiny blob.
The infographic that I originally saw was really basic graphically but having just looked for some videos to post it seems that more and more people are creating their own versions, these two in particular do a pretty good job of showing just how big things really are....



1 comment:

smiles said...

I know, how can they just demote a planet...poor pluto!!!!
Yes these pieces do certainly make you feel very small!