21 March 2010

Lotto logo

I was watching the Lotto draw last night and noticed something that I found a bit odd.
The main logo for it which is seen on the website, betting slips and also the monitors throughout the programme has a font which is straight and moderately formal.....yet the CGIntro for the draw and also the graphic which displays the balls as they come out has a bulky rounded font which looks less formal.

This is the main font....




Yet the other font is nowhere to be seen on the website and I can't find any images of it on any of the major search engines, I did find a video on facetube though which can illustrate my point.....skip past all that crappy singing to about 5:10 and you can see the logo at this point.




I wondered if it might have been a possible delay of a changing over of fonts to this new bubbly version, but then thinking about it I remember having seen this font months ago. So I ruled that out.

My only conclusion is that the BBC have possibly pulled the funding on a re-branding of the game in the middle of its design process (which wouldn't surprise me in the slightest considering the recent turn of events).....otherwise, it just seems...odd.
Have a ganders next time its on and see what I mean....

1 comment:

smiles said...

Dude I think you need some help :D