26 March 2010

Don't be afaird incy wincy spider

For my project I decided to create a short info graphic piece about shining a positive spotlight on spiders and aiming in it at a young audience. I spent most of Thursday afternoon trying to get a book on spiders, trying all good book shops in Manchester, libraries, charity shops and a book store just outside the Arndale. But with no luck ... :( anyway if any body has any idea please reply...
Anyway I decided to maybe create a stop motion animation and found this interesting video in a pop up style.

3 comments:

99999999999 said...

nice find!

how's about sommit like this for some more spider info and obscure facts?

TelepathicRudeBoy said...

my friend is well arachnophobic (and wants to be a professional sumo wrestler). he should see this

smiles said...

Liking the animation.......a nice general overview of most common disasters it seems :)

As for the book, look at this link for the natural science museaum http://www.nhmshop.co.uk/all-books/arachnids/product.html and it has the isbn code which you can type into the search facility at most libraries and I am sure they can tell you if anyone has it! I know you can do this at MMU library.
Hope that helps Sarah!
xx