26 February 2010

Some good stuff at the Cornerhouse

Afternoon folks,

I wonder where all you little monkeys are today as it's very quiet in school!!

Anyway... I get regular emails form The Cornerhouse with news of flims/ exhibitions they have on, or are coming up and when i looked at the latest one and thought of you... well particularly of Rob and Sara.

Rob - With your interest in Japanese culture you're probably a lot more familiar than me with the work of director Yasujiro Ozu. I've never actually seen any of his stuff but have heard the name and read a few things about him recently. Well he has a film from 1953 on this weekend at the cornerhouse called Tokyo Story that apparently has been voted 'one of the best films of all time' in a critics poll. With a name like Tokyo Bob this must be right up your street.

Here's the link -

http://www.cornerhouse.org/film/info.aspx?ID=1284&page=0

And Sara - They have a Spanish and Latin American film festival on there every year called ¡Viva! and it starts in a week with a pretty big program of films. I actually went to see 2 of the films last year when it was on and although i can't remember what either were called they were both very good. So if you're feeling a bit home-sick or just fancy a Spanish fix check it out!

Here's the link -

http://www.cornerhouse.org/film/season.aspx?ID=252&page=0

If you are neither Rob or Sara then I'm afraid I cannot help you at this time.

2 comments:

Sara said...

haha :) Thanks Karl!
I've actually been there last year as well and it was pretty good!
I'll check the films that are on this year.xx

Tokyobob said...

Hehe....thanks for the heads-up bud, I actually get those e-mails myself but I didn't notice that one...

I've not seen any of his movies yet but the Cornerhouse seem to screen Yasujiro Ozu films quite often, so i've never been in any rush to watch them....I should do some time though.