7 December 2009

'You' Brief presentation

Well I was intending on posting this last week but our cable modem decided to explode on us and i've been without the t'internet over the weekend....but a UPS van arrived this afternoon with a replacement and here I am. (Anyone else noticing a lot more UPS vans lately? ....yep.)


So the presentation, I wasn't that nervous about doing it but my heart was racing like Linford and that was very off-putting. I think that in the main I put forward the basic vibe of what I was going for but i'll definately need to talk positively about my work in the future as I made a point of how rubbish I felt my mind map was....yet Andrea told me not to be so critical about my stuff as she felt that it came across ok.

In my frustration about the 3 minute (or rather...4 minute!) time limit I had forgotten to mention any of the audio side of my project, the SFX that I spent time sourcing and timing with the visuals....and also the music that I created for it (half composed, half re-worked references). Ultimately, this was all mentioned in my written evaluation so I am not so disappointed that I missed this out of my speech.




Two of my direct references:

Ghostbusters - 'Stay Puft Marshmallow Man' scene


Ring - 'Sadako climbing out of TV' scene

5 comments:

Sara said...

how bloody scary is that scene from the ring!!!
Is that the Korean version? Ive only seen the American one, which looks less creepy I think...

Tokyobob said...

Yep, this clip is from the original Japanese version. :)

Have you seen The Grudge? ....way scarier than Ring, at least I thought so. Of course...there's an American remake of that aswell!

Sara said...

Yeah I've seen the Japanese version of The Grudge..much more scarier, indeed. Didn't really like the American one, they always have to remake everything!

I think Korean and Japanese horror movies are definitely the scariest!

Tokyobob said...

Haha....finally, someone with some sense! Generally when I talk to people about these films they've usually only seen the remakes...and when you tell them about the originals they switch off.

...mainly because they can't be bothered with subtitles. :(

Sara said...

haha..yeah well,i have to say that I've watch them in the cinema in Spanish...lol
But yeah i know what u mean.