23 November 2009

Studio AKA trip?

For those of you who have not heard of Studio AKA, they are the animation company behind incredible adverts such as the Lloyds TSB for the journey, and the Bupa cartoon ad. I emailed them several weeks ago about visiting to see how they work. They have replied stating that they can hold visits for students of 10 or more. It would be great experience to see how such a successful company work.

Is this anything anyone would be interested in? Pop on their website, and you will see how awesome their work is:

http://www.studioaka.co.uk/

They are actually in based in London. I know this could be a problem, because of money. I havent got my loan yet!!! So it may be something we could look into doing in January when our installment comes through? Head down to the big smoke for the day.

Let me know if you would be interested, and if I get more than 10, we can maybe talk about it properly.

6 comments:

Tokyobob said...

Wow, that's awesome....well done.
You actually gave me the motivation I needed with this post because I was intending to go and scout out the producers of the 'Compare the Meerkat' adverts for the same thing....and having just gone and done it i've found out that they actually produce music vids for Japanese music artists aswell...which is one of the areas that i'm hoping to pursue. So thanks for the boost!

Anyhoos...in regards to Studio AKA, I had a look at the website and noticed that they did the Orange top-ups ad which has stuck in my mind ever since. I'm up for a trip to London for this...like you said it's a great opportunity.
We could round up some 2nd years aswell if we're struggling for numbers....

Depending on how patient peeps are here, i've done the Manchester-2-London coach journey via Megabus a few times and whilst it is a long ride....if you book early you can get there and back for less than a fiver!

Simplez!

Kitty Pemberton-Platt said...

Simplez! Haha.

I was in London last year for Uni, and from Liverpool Lime Street you can get the 2 hour Virgin Train to Euston for £20 if you have a railcard. It is up to people what they would prefer to do.

Well done for the Compare the Meerkats - I hope they get back in touch.

Also, good idea about the second years. I dont think we will get 10 from just our class.

Kitty Pemberton-Platt said...

It is around £20, it depends which train you get, I managed to get a return for £13 once so it is look of the draw and booking in advance!!!

Tokyobob said...

My buddy Jim E from the 2nd year is up for it... :)

He made a good point actually, not everyone checks this thing often so it might be better to tell the tutors about it to help round peeps up....

Kitty Pemberton-Platt said...

Yeah, I was going to mention it to the tutors next week when everyone has handed in briefs. Good thinking.

ChrisJCrawley said...

Yo yo I'm up for this.Keep me updated :-)