21 November 2009

culture vultures

if, like me, you're usually put off watching BBC's the culture show, because of simon-bloody-mayo and lauren-fuckin-laverne, it's worth gritting your teeth and suffering this week's episode - now available on BBC iplayer...



the show has a '20 years of wallace & gromit' thread running through it, with lots of behind the scenes stuff from aardman studios, as well as interviews with the founders.   some interesting stuff there, especially the bits where you get a glimpse of all the other stuff [mainly advertising] that aardman have been responsible for and where nick park talks about his inspirations and influences.



just fast-forward through the obligatory sections featuring the usual 'i'd eat my own shit with a knife and fork, to get my face on the telly' zzz-elebrities, trotted out to say how much they l-u-u-r-v-e wallace & gromit, and you're good to go!

2 comments:

Tokyobob said...

My brother recorded this for me, I don't watch The Culture Show reguarly....just if it's on then i'll watch it. The busking challenge is great.

Anyway, should be good this....the Aardman works were some of the earliest animation works I ever saw, Channel 4 had a season when I was a kid which showed their old stuff alongside Joanna Quinn's Beryl shorts and Bill Plympton's comedy sketches....

....which is why I (appear to be the only one who) thought the trip to Bradford last week was brilliant, they had lots of sketchbooks, storyboards and production cells for the Beryl shorts....and they had the museum scene set from Wallace & Gromit's The Wrong Trousers on display.

FairlyOddSez said...

i watched this one, it was on the other day? yip.