21 October 2009

In all seriousness...

ok, the ass hat was a good for a chuckle....but I hope that you'll take these following videos seriously. It's relating to this weeks theme of creating a narrative from the most subtle of things....so it may (or may not) put things into perspective.

These are two very popular creations in the Japanimation world, the first being Doggy Poo.
I kid you not....this is a stop-motion animation which tells the story of a piece of dog poo who has his own dreams of becoming of some use one day....even though he knows he's only a mere doggy poo, the animation itself is actually an adaptation....the story has been around since the 50s I think.

After years since I first heard about it, I still haven't actually seen the full film yet....I keep putting off getting it. One day!

(This trailer is extremely cheesey though I must warn....)




The other is Kogepan (literally translated as 'burnt bread'), this is a brilliant animation series about a piece of bread in a bakery that had the misfortune of being burnt....and so nobody will buy him. And he is very bitter about it.
I think the whole series is on YouTube if peeps wanna watch it, it's about 3mins per episode and takes about an hour to watch the whole series......anyway, this is the first episode.

1 comment:

KarlDoran said...

Love that doggy poo one! It's like a proper glitzy hollywod movie with sweeping camera shots and wide views over landscapes. Very nice. And they say 'you can't polish a turd' but that poo's pretty cute.

I'm less keen on the bread one, but i do feel empathy for him.