23 October 2009

After lecture in the fine arts of critical studies I headed down to the Granada TV studios just for a laugh with someone to see the recording (and be in the audience) of Outtake TV, presented by Rufus Hound (not Ann Robinson) but by the script who could tell the difference.
Sitting on the forth row I really enjoyed just looking at the stage, which was really wicked... the many different coloured lights that hung above and the different cameras that hung in the background. Not been one of those things before I constantly thinking what this would be like on a miniature scale maybe set for an animation, considering the position of lighting, cameras shots (being a live set there were 4 and everytime he looked in a different one it really scared me) and how they looked. After a while being force to laugh or I wouldn't be able to go home, I realized to keep the audience attention you need to engage with them and create a script that is bearable (and also the BBC needs better writers...sorry easy shot ).

1 comment:

Kitty Pemberton-Platt said...

Whilst I was in London last year, I sat in audiences for TV shows, The Paul O'grady show, Im a celebrity Get me out of here now (ITV2 after show) and The Wright Stuff - you are definitely right about the set! Especially with The Paul O'Grady show. The amount of lighting, wires, camera etc is fascinating. It would be a great project to make this in small - I love things in miniature!! I studied TV production, so if you need to ask any questions about the tech stuff I may be able to help.